- This event has passed.
EMIRI TechTalk – R&I needs on Advanced Materials to unlock the hydrogen revolution
05/11/2021 @ 09:30 - 16:30
We are happy to announce that the EMIRI TechTalk Events are back! The TechTalk Event are one-day sessions dedicated to specific topics covered by our different EMIRI Focus Groups.
Our first TechTalk entitled “R&I needs on Advanced Materials to unlock the hydrogen revolution” will take place on November 5th 2021, as a full-day online event from 9.30h to 16.30h.
During the morning session, different speakers from the European Commission, from Hydrogen Europe Research and from key industry stakeholders will “set the scene” (public policies, market perspectives, R&I challenges…).
– Hélène Chraye, Head of Unit – Clean Energy Transition – DG Research and Innovation (European Commission)
– Laurent Antoni, President of Hydrogen Europe Research
– Several industrial actors such as UMICORE, SOLVAY, BLUE WORLD TECHNOLOGIES, BMW, AGFA, BEKAERT.
The afternoon session will highlight some ongoing EU-funded projects dealing with advanced materials enabling key hydrogen technologies such as NEXTAEC, PECSYS, GAMER, ARENHA, SHERLOHCK and BEST4Hy.
The final session of the event will consist of a 1-hour workshop with the EU project coordinators to identify further advanced Materials challenges and R&I needs.
RECORDINGS and PPTs:
- EMIRI Introduction – Philippe Jacques, EMIRI (watch video)
- The Hydrogen Strategy of the EU and the role of innovation / advanced materials – Hélène Chraye, EU DG RTD
- The role of innovation in materials for the deployment of hydrogen technologies – Laurent Antoni, HYDROGEN EUROPE RESEARCH (watch video)
- Umicore products and services for the global Hydrogen & Fuel Cell economy – Sascha Toelle, UMICORE (watch video)
- Agfa’s contribution to the Green Hydrogen Economy – Hanne Verwaest, AGFA (watch video)
- Solvay Green Hydrogen Platform at a glance – Bertrand Pavageau, SOLVAY (watch video)
- Challenges for Porous Transport Layers in Water Electrolysis – Ruben De Bruycker, BEKAERT (watch video)
- High temperature PEM fuel cells – Hans Aage, BLUE WORLD (watch video)
- BMW Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology at the BMW Group – Juergen Guldner, BMW (watch video)
- NEXTAEC: Materials for next generation alkaline electrolyzer – Jens Oluf Jensen, DTU (watch video)
- GAMER: Game changer in high temperature steam electrolysers with novel tubular cells and stacks geometry for pressurized hydrogen production – Marie-Laure Fontaine, SINTEF (watch video)
- PECSYS: Photovoltaic Driven Water Electrolysis Technologies for Green Solar Hydrogen Generation Developed within the PECSYS Project – Sonya Calnan, HZB (watch video)
- SHERLOHCK: Sustainable and cost-efficient catalyst for hydrogen and energy storage applications based on liquid organic hydrogen carriers : economic viability for market uptake – Vincent Faucheux, CEA (watch video)
- ARENHA: Advanced materials and Reactors for Energy storage tHrough Ammonia – Jose Luis Viviente, TECNALIA (watch video)
- BEST4Hy: SustainaBlE SoluTions FOR recycling of end of life Hydrogen technologies – Sabina Fiorot, ENVIPARK (watch video)
- Workshop: Materials R&I needs for H2 (Production of clean hydrogen, Fuel Cells & Storage, transport and distribution) (watch video)
- Wrap up and key take aways – Philippe Jacques, EMIRI (watch video)
Partner of the event: