- This event has passed.
IRISS “Workshop on the application of SSbD concept in materials & chemicals”
November 25 @ 09:00 - 13:00
Join the first IRISS workshop on the application of Safe and Sustainable by Design concept in materials and chemicals
To ensure that materials are sustainable for humans and the environment, to increase recycling and use resources in a more efficient way, efforts are required from an early stage of design and manufacturing.
In June the major EU initiative IRISS was launched – aiming to connect, synergize and transform the Safe and Sustainable by Design community in Europe and globally towards a lifecycle approach, with a holistic integration of safety, climate neutrality, circularity and functionality.
The 25th of November it’s time for IRISS first digital workshop. Please join us to find out more about the important work in the field of Safe and Sustainable by Design.
At the workshop you will:
- Get an overview of mapping on Safe by Design in chemicals and materials
- Get information on if Safe by Design tools can be used to define Safe and Sustainable by Design
- Learn more about how sustainability can be evaluated at design phase of the products and process development
- Learn more about the value chain perspective on implementation of Safe and Sustainable by Design
- Be included to IRISS project network and receive news and invites to future events
Objective of the workshop
- To support the State-of-The-Art mapping activities of SSbD
- To obtain first insights on how to translate the framework for SSbD criteria to practical methodologies and tools for SSbD
- To identify the applicability of the framework, alongside challenges and barriers from a value chain perspective of SSbD
9:00 Welcome, agenda, goal of the workshop, TEKNIKER, Cefic
9:10 EU Commission vision and recommendations, DG RTD
9:25 Presentation framework for SSbD criteria and case studies presentations, JRC
9:40 Overview of SSbD mapping study, TEKNIKER
9:55 Overview of work on SSbD toolboxes, PARC
10:15 SbD Tools, methodologies and case studies developed in H2020 NMBP15 projects
10:30 SbD Tools, methodologies and case studies developed in H2020 NMBP16 projects
10:45 Outlook towards SSbD
11:10 Tribology and LCA, the tools for Sustainability assessment at the design phase of products and processes & case studies, TEKNIKER
11:30 The perspectives of the value chains, Cefic and the value chains (packaging, textiles, construction chemicals, automotive, energy materials and electronics)
- Mapping of stakeholders
- Main SSbD challenges and specific issues within value chains
- Recommendations on how to implement SSbD concept in the value chains.
12:55-13:00 Conclusions, TEKNIKER, Cefic